El-Rufai Blasts Women Affairs Minister for supporting Atiku


Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State has lampooned the Minister of Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan for being disloyal to President Muhammadu Buhari.


The governor who spoke with State House Correspondents at the Villa on Friday was reacting to the recent claims by the minister that she would support former Vice President Atiku Abubakar against Buhari in the 2019 presidential election.

El-Rufai noted that Alhassan has never supported Buhari and voted against him during the APC presidential primary ahead of the 2015 presidential election. Alhassan had, in an interview with the BBC Wednesday, said: “Atiku is my godfather even before I joined politics, and again Baba Buhari did not tell us that he is going to run in 2019."
 "And let me tell you today that if Baba said he is going to contest in 2019, I swear to Allah, I will go before him and kneel and tell him, ‘Baba, I am grateful for the opportunity you gave me to serve your government as a minister. But Baba, just like you know, I will support only Atiku because he is my godfather."


Source: Dailytrust

Comments